Garnering media attention and making sure that people see it is one of the best ways to further our campaigns and raise awareness about protecting and restoring the Gulf. The Media and Communications Intern will help develop and implement a coordinated media outreach and documentation strategy. Responsibilities could include:
- Write articles for the GRN newsletter, e-newsletter, and blog
- Draft and edit GRN outreach materials
- Assist in the GRN branding process
- Increase GRN’s visibility on sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Flickr
- Aid in the creation of multimedia tools
- Ensure GRN's Facebook friends, Twitter followers, etc. are informed about our work
- Document and catalogue GRN’s media hits for use on the web, in grant reports, and for outreach
- Help maintain GRN's media list for distributing news releases
Earned Media Outreach
- Set up editorial board meetings for GRN campaigns
- Assist in organizing and conducting media events and press conferences
- Write letters-to-the-editor, press releases, and news advisories
Please send your resume and a cover letter to Shona Clarkson at email@example.com.
Internships require a 10-hour per week commitment. Positions are unpaid. Academic credit is available.