Gulf Restoration Network (GRN) is seeking a passionate and detail-oriented individual to work part-time to manage its online communications. The goal of the position is to help build GRN’s capacity to win campaigns by increasing the number of supporters GRN reaches, and effectively communicating with those supporters.
The Online Communication Coordinator will work with other GRN staff members to drive our online communications across a variety of platforms. Duties include:
- Writing Gulf Waves, GRN’s e-newsletter
- Editing and sending out email action alerts
- Maintaining fresh, quality content on our social media platforms and
- Setting (and training GRN staff on) best practices for online communications.
- Experience with on-line communication platforms
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to function as part of a team and work collaboratively
- Strong communication skills including writing and editing
Part-time Position: 24 hours per week
Salary: 18,000 – 20,000 depending on experience
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Raleigh Hoke at
, or call 504-525-1528, ext. 204 with any questions.
Gulf Restoration Network Job Listing
Outreach Team Organizer
Gulf Restoration Network is seeking an experienced fundraising canvasser to join our Outreach Team. The position will focus on fundraising and developing GRN’s membership and volunteer base while building public support for our campaigns to protect and restore the Gulf.
GRN is an environmental advocacy non-profit that is dedicated to uniting and empowering people to protect and restore the Gulf of Mexico region. BP’s oil is still impacting the Gulf, and the Outreach Team will support work to hold BP fully accountable while calling for greater oversight of the entire oil and gas industry. There are also huge opportunities for environmental restoration in the Gulf, and we need a strong base of public support in order to effectively watchdog restoration spending.
From September to Feburary, the 3-person Outreach Team will canvass and manage specific campaign and volunteer-management assignments.
- Door-to-door canvassing, event canvassing at relevant outreach opportunities, and phonebanking to sign up Gulf Sustainers (monthly donors) and one-time members. Canvassing 3-4 days a week.
- Deepen volunteer engagement in our campaigns through leadership development, organizing volunteer meetings, and providing campaign and outreach guidance to activist leaders.
- Building public support for our campaigns by assisting other GRN staff with outreach and event organizing (i.e. recruiting organizational sign-ons to a coalition letter).
From March to August, the Outreach Team will focus on preparing for and leading a large Summer Outreach Office that will build a staff of well-trained canvassers to conduct door-to-door canvassing and campaign outreach.
- Training and managing a leadership team to help run the office.
- Working with all summer outreach employees to ensure they have the knowledge and skills to be effective advocates and fundraisers for GRN and the Gulf Coast.
- Publicizing job positions, interviewing, hiring and training new employees.
- Ensuring that all employees are safely transported to and from their canvass neighborhoods every day. Dealing with any issues/complications that arise.
- Tracking and working with office budgets.
- Training and organizing canvassers to engage in campaign activities such as press conferences, rallies, and coalition-building.
- Door-to-door canvassing, event canvassing at relevant outreach opportunities, and phonebanking to sign up Gulf Sustainers (monthly donors) and one-time members. Canvassing 3 days a week.
- Door-to-door fundraising canvassing and experience required.
- Strong commitment to protecting the environment and to grassroots organizing as an effective method to create change.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Strong communication skills including public speaking, written, and oral.
- Ability to inspire a diverse group of people.
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to maintain a level head in a fast-paced campaign environment.
COMPENSATION & TRAINING
Salary in the low 20’s and full health benefits, with performance incentives of potentially $3,000-$6,000 per year. In-depth training on GRN campaigns and issues, staff management, and canvassing will be provided.
This position is in New Orleans, LA.
Send a short cover letter and resume to Raleigh Hoke, Communications Director, at
. Phone inquiries may be made at 504-525-1528, ext. 204. More info at www.healthygulf.org.