In response to the sewage overflows in St. Petersburg, FL, a draft Consent Order [pdf] has been released by St. Petersburg and Florida Dept. of Environmental Protection. Proposed improvements in the draft include:
- Increasing the capacity of the Southwest Reclamation Facility (cost $21.7 M)
- Construct two additional injection wells for disposal of treated sewage cost ($12.2 M)
- Albert Whitehead Water Reclamaition Facility storage to be increased from 5 to 8 miillion gallons (cost $3.3 M)
- Sanitary sewer evaluation (cost $.8 M)
- Repair/replace wastewater system components ($35.5 M through FY21)
To view the draft consent order go here.